Sunday, May 11, 2014

In honor of mom

Well it is Mother's Day, so I guess I should write a screenwriting blog about my mom, right? My mom wasn't a writer, and she didn't follow her passion to be an artist. She did have talent, but she didn't believe in herself. So what exactly can I say about my mom that's encouraging when it comes to writing? Well, I hated seeing her not follow her passion and what she was talented in. But she grew up in a different time where women were homemakers no matter what. Sure some women broke that mold, but not many. So maybe I owe her that for encouraging me to fight to follow my passion.

And I will say she loved movies, she still does. She loved TV, she still does. She sees the world in movies and TV truthfully. Whenever she talks about life it's always another TV show or another movie she brings up. How much she loved it, or what message she got out of it. If it wasn't for her love of TV  and movies maybe I wouldn't be interested in writing movies and TV in the first place. Her love of watching these stories turned into my love of creating them.

So although we approached our passions for things in life and creativity in different ways, we're not that different really. And what I can say about my mom, is she's always proud of me. Proud that I'm following my dreams and not letting anything get in my way of going after what brings me joy. So I am thankful for that. I owe her thanks. Some writers wait till they win the Oscar to thank their moms. Maybe Mother's Day is all we ever really need.

2 comments:

  1. Nice line...i think every day is a mother's day we should show our love and care to our mom every day not a specific day in a year...

    ReplyDelete