Saturday, December 3, 2011

Out of this world

So I watched PAUL tonight, that alien comedy movie starring Seth Rogen as the alien, with a slew of other big names like Kristen Wiig, Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, Jane Lynch, a small part at the end with Sigourney Weaver, and some nice parts by Bill Hader and Jo Lo Truglio. It stars these two British guys, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, who's mission in the movie is to travel America to see all the supposed alien sites. Only thing is, they meet Paul and end up on a journey to help him travel to a spot so he can meet his space ship and return home.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw it. The trailer didn't look great, some funny moments, but nothing that made me run out and see it in the theater. But I love Seth Rogen, so figured it couldn't be that bad....And you know what? I was delightfully surprised. This was a heart warming comedy that had a pleasant message that kept me laughing throughout. By the end of the movie, I was happy I had seen it, and know I'll be sure to share with all my friends that they should put it on their must see list too.

The fun thing about the movie too was that they had fun poking fun at all the alien movies we've known to love. And Kristen Wiig being one of my favorite actresses, for a long time, longer than Bridesmaids, I'll have you know, is as sweet and funny in this as all her other movies. If you haven't seen it, be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment