Monday, January 30, 2012

Waiting for a producer feels like in dog years

So I know producers are busy. I get that. And since what they love to do is juggle projects, then they always have more and more projects, which means more and more juggling. I get that too. But since as screenwriters, all we want to do is write and see our scripts get made and put onto the screen, then we really have one focus: which is to get our script made. So when a producer says, hey, we're going to lunch this month, or I'll call you this week. Then we go okay, that's cool. Talk to them super soon. Super duper soon, in fact. And then we don't hear from them. And then they say, sorry, we'll set it up soon -- again. And then we wait, and it doesn't happen. And to us, it's like where in the world are they?! What could possibly be more important than meeting with me? I'm a nice writer. I bathe. But to them, they're sooooo busy on project A, and then project B is picking up, and then project C all of a sudden comes back. And they have nooooo idea we're over here going, what happened to that producer?! Oh, the agony of waiting. I get it. I'm keeping myself busy. I check in with said producer every so often and hear back most the time. But sheeez,we just must be on different time lines. They're on dog years time, and we're on..."want to get produced now" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment