Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let it be - Part 2

So yesterday I posted about letting your screenwriting career happen as it's supposed to. That when we accept whatever timeline that happens, it will actually happen sooner. I've also been waiting for a lunch meeting with a really high-profile producer. In December he called me and said call him in January because he wanted to take me to lunch and pitch ideas to me and let ME pick what I wanted to write for him. That was a dream come true! January came around, and he got so busy, that here we are in March and it still hasn't happened.

I've been patiently waiting. Nicely and persistently checking in with him and his assistant every so often. Learning to accept that when it happens, it's the right time. And then yesterday I write the blog about trusting that when the time is right, your screenwriting success will happen.

So last night, I'm at a friend's with a group of mom's just having a nice, fun night in. I get home around midnight. And see there's a message on my cell. And lo and behold, it's from the producer's assistant to call his office! It's obviously to set up the said lunch! I was so ecstatic! I'll call on Monday of course. But look, just as I write that blog about accepting the timeline of screenwriting success, that's when I hear from him! That's no coincidence, ladies and gentlemen. Or, perhaps you think it is and you want to go on fighting against your own success. Then well, that's fine, you can do that too. But personally, I'd rather not get upset when my screenwriting success doesn't happen when I want it to. But to embrace the timeline of when it really is supposed to happen, to be patient, and see it happen sooner by not fighting it. But hey, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment