Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Where's the marching band?

So I had a meeting with the big producer I've been working with since last year. We were finally going to meet on the outline for the story we're developing together. So I expected at least two or three rounds of notes on the outline before I got to write the script. Well, guess what? He tells me he has almost no notes and that he'll email me what he has. But that basically I should start writing the script! Woo hoo! The words I've longed to hear since last year! He tells me to start sending him pages, 20 at a time. I'm just ecstatic! He also tells me he's going to set me up with a manager, and starts naming all these A-list managers. Woo hoo again! I couldn't believe it! Pinch me please!

So then I leave his office so excited and I'm texting my husband, "Good news!" And I'm walking to my car. And then I drive home to pick up my son from school. And then we do homework. And well, that's it! I had to live my life just the way I did before I got the good news! And I was like, wait, isn't something amazing supposed to happen after I get such amazing news?! Isn't there some awesome marching band like out of Dr. Seuss's book where the boy looks out the window and some fantastical band just marches past him. I wanted that! I wanted horns, and confetti, and something amazing! But that didn't happen. It was good news, and life went on.

And now, I'm writing the script, but just like every other day. I guess it just means all those normal days when I was writing scripts just for me, they were preparing me for the day when I'd be writing it for someone this big in Hollywood. So even though there's nothing as earth shattering as I was hoping it could be, it means I'm prepared for it. And truthfully, that's exciting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment