Saturday, July 29, 2017

Lee Jessup: Get your career that boost it needs

So today I went to an event held at Blank Spaces, where all the Script Anatomy classes are held. Tawyna Bhattacharya, founder of Script Anatomy, holds events with special guest speakers there from time to time. Today, she had Lee Jessup, screenwriting career coach, come and speak.

I'd heard Lee speak on screenwriting podcasts many times. But today I learned even more in this kind of setting, seeing her in person. She even had some of her clients there who seemed very happy with her services. She says she helps all levels of writers, from ones starting out to ones with huge careers looking for even bigger careers. But she had some great insights about setting goals for yourself and being accountable for your career, and it seemed that she'd be able to help writers, who are probably not that great about doing those things on their own, to see their careers blossom.

Overall it was a great talk and I walked away feeling very inspired. And that's something we writers need to keep going on this writing journey.

I'm not sure if or when I'll hire Lee, although I'd really like to and can see the value in it. If you're interested in learning more, http://leejessup.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment