Sunday, September 16, 2018

Energizer...writer?

Friends always tell me I have more energy than anyone they know because I do so much and that includes always writing. It doesn't feel like I have a lot of energy. I'm always tired. Writer friends tell me I'm the most prolific. I wish I had even more time to write! But I think what they're noticing is that I have this underneath energy that propels me to write no matter what is going on in my life. See, when you focus on what you haven't accomplished in your writing career, that's draining and that will pull you down, causing you to not have enough energy to write after a long day of work. But if you focus on how much you love writing, you'll be energized by the fact you get to do what you love. Plus, if you focus on just always sitting down to write, it doesn't matter if you have the energy or not.

I also don't worry how much time I have to write. Like I've said before, sometimes it's just squeezing in an hour, 30 minutes, whatever time I have. If I'm in the car driving long distances and my husband is driving, I bring my computer and write in the car. There are so many ways to squeeze in writing. Sure there were days when I used to have 4 hours, 5, or 6 hours. Those don't seem to be the norm right now.

Are there days when I'm just too tired to write? Sure, but that's not my usual. I write almost every single day. So even an hour here and there, by the end of the year can add up to several scripts!

Do some friends have more time to write than I do? Sure. A writer friend just told me she has to get 30 pages written in a couple days. Would I have the time to do that this week? Hell no. Am I jealous? Hell yes! But so what. We all have our own writing path. So don't compare yourself to any other writers. Just write! Find the time. Even if you're tired. I promise you'll never regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment