Monday, February 20, 2012

Slow and steady always gets you there

That seems to be the message that keeps popping up right now for me in my life. "Slow and steady wins the race". I'm not supposed to be the hare in the tortoise and the hare fable, but the tortoise. Sure that tortoise is taking his own sweet time. But he's moving toward the finish line the whole darn time! And so am I on my way to see my screenwriting career take off and flourish.

So sometimes I have to remind myself, that's okay. That I'm moving forward. That my goals are getting closer. That I'm constantly hitting new and more exciting markers in my screenwriting career. And that I can't focus on the fact that I haven't passed "the finish line". Especially with screenwriting. Because there are so many finish lines with that any way. Oh sure, if you win an academy award or are hanging out with Angelina Jolie because she starred in your movie, sure that might mean you've hit some pinnacle of success. But it's such a gray area of where in your success you are at. There's so many possibilities!

I dated this one actor friend who's in movies and has a TV show now. And he told a mutual friend recently, that Hollywood just forgets your last thing. It's always, what are you doing now? And I can tell that to him, he hasn't reached his level of success he has hoped for. But by all intensive purposes, so many actors would give their right arm to have the success he has.

So the key is always to keep moving forward. Keep hitting different road markers on your goal to success. And that there were bill many finish lines in your career of writing. And as long as you are moving forward and striving for more, and heading forward. Then don't worry if you're going slow and steady. Because remember, the hare does not win. The tortoise always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment