Saturday, February 4, 2012

The words every writer needs to know

Persistence and patience. Those are my two theme words for the year. Every time I think I learn patience, I find there's more to learn. It's sort of like a noun word to the infinity. No matter how patient you are, there's always more patience to be had!

So I've been waiting for the lunch with the one producer I'm super excited to start working with. That's where the persistence comes in. For those of you who haven't been my blog follower from day one, I got a phone call from a huge producer right before Christmas, telling me he wants to take me to lunch and pitch me ideas. And I get to pick what I want to work on. It's like that one thing every new writer waits for. The one thing that brings you into the real game of screenwriting. So he says, call me in January, and we'll go to lunch. And that he can't wait to work with me, because I'm a very talented writer. The best thing I ever heard yet in my writing career! So, January comes along, and I make lunch plans, that keep getting postponed. So now we're in February. But that's okay. I know how to be persistent.

So I called on Friday to reschedule. His assistant knows who I am. Says yes, you're on my list of people to call and set up an appointment with. I'm on a list! That's gotta be good. There's a list. And I'm on it! He explains how busy said producer has been. But will see what he can set up and get back to me. So that at least makes me feel good. And lets me know, games on! I'm on a list, I'm supposed to have plans at some point. So that just gave me the permission to be as persistent as I have to be.

And that's where the patience comes in too. Sure the lunch is not in January like originally planned. But oh well. I keep working on my latest comedy. I keep sending out scripts. I keep working on the movie I'm starting to produce. And I keep calling said producer till we get that lunch. Or I should say, call assistant. He's about to become my new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment