Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Get Smashed

I love the TV show "Smash". More than Glee. Not that there's anything wrong with Glee, but apparently I'm not a Gleek. But if there was a word to show you were in love with Smash, then I guess I'd be Smashed! The reason I love, love, love this show is because it shows the underside and behind the scenes of making a Broadway musical. Being someone who loves Broadway shows, I love being able to see the drama and the ugliness of getting a show to Broadway. I'd say my love for writing and acting started when I was in junior high school when I was in musical theater at CSUN. So I know what it's like to be around these kids who have dreams of being on Broadway. What Smash does so brilliantly is the characters seem so real, so true! There are flaws to the ones we love and heart in the ones we hate. The drama seems like it's all so real too. The ones who are married can't stay faithful but not just because they are bad people, but because they are real people. I can see myself in so many of these characters even if I haven't lived these lives. And watching the wannabe stars try to see their dreams come true? As a writer, I can dream with them. I want them to succeed because all of us who want to succeed in life, see ourselves in their heartache and their success. It's a brilliant show. And I hate to admit to my mom, but she was right! I do love it! And I can't wait for Season 2! To me, this show does everything right. It's one of those shows where you say, wow, I wish I had thought of that! To me the writing is just impeccable. If you're not already a fan, then become one soon! I promise you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment