Monday, November 19, 2012

de Van Nuys

The reason I'm so giddy over this story about the guy who wrote a script and is directing it and Bill Murray is now starring in it, is because of what it means for us other writers. We all know that the road may be long. And we all may think who knows what can come of it. But we do know that we have to get our work out there and keep writing and keep sending scripts to who knows who. And then one day, just one day we may be lunching with Jack Nicholson or picking Bill Murray up from the airport with our script all earmarked with notes. It's what happens. And it could mean we're a 10-year overnight success too. I guess when I read it, I don't feel that far off from this happening to me. So maybe that's another reason why I'm so excited for this guy. I mean, I am working with a huge producer right now. And he's giving me notes. And the writers he works with are seeing their movies get made with huge stars, so I'm not that far from it being me. And then that means, if you're reading what I'm writing, then you're not that far off from it being you. These stories don't just happen to people in trade magazines, they happen to real people. And if you keep writing, and keep trying, you just may be next. So keep on keeping on! http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/weinstein-co-lands-bill-murrays-next-film-st-vincent-de-van-nuys/

No comments:

Post a Comment