Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's an Amazon jungle out there

So, apparently Amazon has a screenwriting and movie making website. I'll include it in case anyone wants to try it for themselves. http://studios.amazon.com/

I'm not exactly sure how it works. But they had a deadline that was yesterday at midnight, and there is no entrance fee, so I figured, what the heck. I've always been against entering so many contests, so I'm trying the opposite of that and trying to enter more contests. This is my second one to enter in one week! So we'll see what happens. The judges were high profile, so I liked that. The prize money was good. If you win the whole thing, they make your movie and you get paid $200,000. So hello, I'll take that! And then there's some other option of it going farther and you make $400,000. So why not?

So far since I've submitted it, it looks like no one has read it. I can't tell if it's just the judges who read it or online people. It seems that I saw some comment about the whole world could read it now. And it also seems they can add notes to my script. So am I supposed to be getting rewrites from someone in the Russian tundra or something? Will they even know what it means to write a Hollywood movie? I can only imagine what their take could be on my stripper comedy. Hmm... I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

I was a little tentative of having anyone and everyone have the chance to read what I think is my best script I've ever written. But I also think I need to start getting my scripts out there to more people. Even if they do live in places that might not even know what "fade in" means. Okay, maybe that's extreme. But being a judge in a contest in LA, and seeing how little the "screenwriters" knew about writing a script, I find it hard to believe people from all over the world will be able to add much. But hey, maybe I'll luck out and some amazing cinema buff from France will think my stripper comedy is the next big Parisian hit! I guess only time will tell. I'll be sure to fill you in if something ever comes of it. I'm supposed to be notified in January sometime. That's just around the corner. Now if only my contacts from this contest could be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment