Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let's do lunch!

So, got an exciting and unexpected phone call yesterday from the first producer I pitched to months ago. He was the first one that was interested in the idea we've got generating around town right now. So he called and apologized for not being in better touch. Of course I said, no worries, that's fine. But he sincerely apologized again and said he's been busy but really is sorry. Said as much as he likes the idea, the Studio he works with, he knows they're not going to want to produce this indie idea. That they're looking for big tent pole ideas. But, he says to me, I can do something even better. He tells me he's going to take me to lunch in January and pitch me the ideas he wants to do and see what I want to write! OMG! That's like a dream come true! He tells me, "You're a really good writer and I want to work on something with you." Yippee! Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear this from a huge producer?! I was on cloud 9 or 10 or 11 all day! Still am. So exciting. So can't wait for our lunch. Can't wait to hear what ideas he wants to do. Will be so much fun working with a producer that can get anything made and get huge stars attached. It's super exciting and feel like my 2012 screenwriting career is really moving forward. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment