Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Soup's on!

So I met with the indie producer yesterday for lunch. But she wasn't hungry or thirsty, and I was only in the mood for soup and ice tea. So light lunch I guess! So she shared with me the notes on my script she wanted me to use for the final rewrite, and the notes on the other writer's script to use too. She was worried how in the heck I would combine these two scripts into one story as some of the ideas are so completely different. But I felt excited just talking about the story and seeing where it would go. But then when I sat down to write last night on it, yes, I did feel a tad overwhelmed. Not crazy, horrible, but a little. But I think only to the amount anyone feels when trying to unravel a story to do a rewrite. So I ended up writing about two hours and made some decent headway. And I can tell this story will definitely work out. I look forward to doing another pass after both scripts are put together. Just so I can cut what isn't needed and make sure there isn't anything in there that doesn't really need to be, and to really add my style to the script, which is what she's liking more over the other writer. I'm hoping to finish this script before the New Year, as I have a lot of exciting projects that are going to start in January. So I want to get this off my plate so I have the time to devote to the other projects heading my way. It will be an exciting time doing this rewrite, and an exciting New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment