Saturday, December 31, 2011

Plan for Success

So the New Year is upon us. There's a lot we can do with it. Promise to write more. Promise to get an agent. Promise to read more scripts or take more classes. It doesn't matter what you resolve to do to move your career forward, but just do something! For me, I can already see the New Year is heading in the direction I want. I have a lunch scheduled with a great producer so we can figure out what to work on together. I have another script with another great producer that we will find out in January if she wants to get involved. I plan on pitching to another great producer some ideas in January. And I have another idea with two other big production companies. So my 2012 is starting off exactly how I want it to. But what about yours? If you haven't set some goals for yourself and your writing, then use the time now. You can't achieve what you want unless you make some plans. So plan to be successful and map it out.

One book I'll suggest is Jack Canfield's Success Principles. Best book ever! Really helps you get motivated and make a plan and stick to it. I wouldn't be in the place with my career without his book. Seriously. I can't recommend it to enough people. And not everyone is going to read it or do the things he says. But then, you're really not ready for success. So ask yourself, are you? If the answer is yes, then make this the year you really achieve it or at least lay the foundation to get there.

Also, resolve to get rid of any negative people that could be tainting your road to success. I've had several of those people at the end of the year. And I'm hoping that it's the 2011 energy saying good-bye, and then making way for only awesome positive people in my career. The more we focus on the positive people we want in our lives, the more they will come into them.

So there you have it. Make this your best writing year ever! I know I plan to do it with mine. I'd love to have you along for the ride.

Have a safe and happy

New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment