Thursday, January 19, 2012

Getting out of the way of writing success

I know I was put on this earth to be a writer. I didn't always know that, but over the years when it became apparent, there was no turning back for me. And other writers would stop writing and be in awe that I knew with certainty. And I did. I just did.

And I can see now that every thing in my life has led me here, connected me to all the people I was supposed to meet. So that my life would play out the way it did. Now it didn’t just happen easily. I had to do the hard work myself. I had to take the journey. The journey of taking classes, and learning the craft, and being disciplined. I did all the sweat and toil. And at any time I could have stopped or given up. But then I would have been the one who missed out on what I was put here on earth to do. Write.

And even though many times I had wished the success would have happened sooner. I am realizing and seeing that it’s all unfolding as it should. Because now I can see, the people who were to help me, or I was to meet, weren’t ready or weren’t lined up in my life yet. Heck, one of the people reading my scripts now didn’t even live in LA before a few years back. And I just because friends with his wife this year, who gave her husband my scripts. So none of that could have happened sooner. And even another producer, he just met the producer he sent my script to. And even the writer I pitched with this year, we weren’t friends before this year. And that’s the idea we got to three producers. So it took all that time for all of these things to line up just right.

So when we wish for success to happen and it doesn't, we have to realize, there are so many things that are happening that we can’t possibly understand that the universe is taking care of. But there are things in life, the universe, that are pushing us towards success, building the steps and connections to get us there. But it's up to us, to keep working hard on our talent, and keep moving forward. And when we do, the success will come as it should and on the time line it should. The key for us is to be patient while it’s all unfolding. And until that happens, write another script.

No comments:

Post a Comment