Friday, February 17, 2012

The goals yet met

There have been many things I've read that say we need to look at where we've come, not at where we are not, in order to see our success flourish. Sometimes it's hard to remember that because our goals are not yet met. But if we only focus on what we have yet to achieve, then that becomes our energy and we just attract more of not achieving it. And since that's exactly what we don't want, then we have to focus on what we DO want. So I thought today I'd post the things I've "achieved" in my writing and other areas of my life and hope to inspire others who will do the same with their own achievements. And then we will see as we increase the energy of our dreams on the way to success as more and more wonderful things come our way. I don't know about you, but I've seen a lot of great things this year so far, and I can only hope that happens for everyone else in this world.

1. Sold a short to Disney
2. Have a feature script at Disney Feature Animation
3. Had two scripts with Sony. One was rejected (boo!) The other is still there (yay!)
4. Pitched two sitcoms to the heads of ABC
5. Have an idea that two big production companies are interested in
6. Should be seeing my indie film made this year
7. Have another producer, huge producer, that wants to start working with me this year, as soon as we nail it down
8. Have a hubby that I love
9. Have a child I adore
10. Have a successful advertising career that keeps me busy and seems to be doing quite well even in a not so great economy
11. Have a home I love
12. Have a great dog and wonderful fish
13. Have my health
14. Have my mental faculties (even if not always sane, but that can be a good thing I think)
15. Love life

So, there you have it. A lot to be thankful for. A lot that I've achieved. A lot more I hope to achieve and that's okay too. Just read an article today on Huffington Post that talked about the uncertainty. And that if life was all mapped out for us, what would be the point? And that uncertainty is what makes us go after things in life. It's that moment before the success happens that we have to just sit in the silence and be patient until it arrives. So, here's to the uncertainty of the dreams we have yet to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment