Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Screenwriting: In honor of Valentine's Day

Why I love screenwriting. Let me count the ways.

I love creating characters that can sometimes take on a life of their own and tell me a story I didn't even know I had inside of me.

I love creating plots, that get so complicated that even I'm excited to see how the story ends.

I love the idea that some day, my words will be acted out by actors I admire on the big screen.

I love that when someone with talent reads my words, it sounds even better than I ever envisioned.

I love that when it's time to do a rewrite, even if I feel like there's no way I can fix the problems, with a lot of sweat and toil, I always do.

I love that at times I love screenwriting and times it drives me mad, and that's exactly why I love it.

I love the sound of hearing people laugh because I wrote something they thought was funny.

I love pushing the envelope to see how far I can go with humor.

I love when someone tells me I'm a really good writer. That never gets old and never will.

I love so much about screenwriting. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment