Tuesday, February 28, 2012

why do we think there's a limited amount of good?

For some reason, when good things happen to us, we assume something bad will happen next. Or if not bad, we think, well, I've had my good, that's obviously all I'll get! Or instead we think we don't deserve any good, if our friends are the ones to get it first. Especially as writers. We fear if our friend sells a script, then well, that's it, we won't. Because for some reason we think there's a limited amount of good. But there isn't! There's ample amount of good to go around. So if we're not receiving the amount of good that is abundant, then the only thing that's really getting in the way, is our thinking!

For instance, on my way home from walking my son to school, I found a penny and picked it up and thought, "Yay, good luck penny!" And then decided to use that to put good thoughts out into the world about the producer that's going to call me. But then I walked a few more feet and saw another good luck penny. But instead of thinking, "Wow, I'm blessed with double the good luck today." I almost felt like, uh-oh, there can't be that much good luck for me! But then I stopped myself and thought, "Wait, yes there is. There's ample amounts of good luck for me!" But at least I caught myself and turned the negative thinking around.

But are you turning your negative thinking around? Are you catching yourself when you think you don't deserve heaps of good luck or good fortune. Do you think if a friend sells a script or gets a manager, that you want to wish them bad luck or feel envious because that there can't possibly be good luck for you too? All the positive speakers I read or listen to all talk about that if we put out into the world well wishes for others, that that good energy comes back to us and see success too.

So ask yourself, what from your childhood made you think that there was only a short amount of wealth or success for you? I'm not exactly sure where my limited abundance thinking came from. If I search my mind and my past, I can maybe surmise that it had to do with the fact that my dad, who wasn't a great husband, held on to his wealth and only gave my mom a little, as a means to control her and keep her under his thumb. So I saw how my mom had a limited amount of wealth. She held on to it tightly for fear that there wouldn't be more where that came from.

But guess what? There is! And that kind of thinking is exactly what causes more of a limited amount of abundance. What if she had instead of thinking of a limited amount of abundance, had blessed my father with thoughts of abundance, and that changed his energy to stop being so miserly. Maybe it would have worked. Maybe not. But we won't know. All I do know, is that it's the place that created my thoughts of being a limited amount of abundance. But now I know the difference. So now I know that I can create abundance and enjoy it and have it. And now it's your turn. You can either believe there's a limited amount of abundance, and be right. Or see the unlimited amount of abundance in your world and watch it keep on coming. Which life would you rather have? I know which one I'm choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment