Monday, December 12, 2011

New Year's resolution

So I heard from the one producer that pitched my outline last week. He said the other producer seemed intrigued in our idea and excited, but they are both working on helping each other on other projects that are scripts first. So he thinks when they get together after the holidays, that he can bring it up again and see if she's interested. He did say pitching it as an outline is best, the way we have it. Apparently in this economy it's better to pitch than have a spec. That way the producers aren't spending time on something that needs to be reworked. So they only have to work on the outline with the writers, which is much easier than taking apart a script. I don't know why. But something about a writer rewriting something that's already written, just is harder. We writers get attached to our ideas and our characters, and then once it's on the page, we think it has to stay! So, at least it was good feedback. He said it was all positive. And now we wait till after the holidays.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little disappointed. I wanted that immediate yes! Let's move forward! But hey, that doesn't always happen. And the fact is, it was brought to this really huge producer and she is interested. So I have to focus on THAT. And before last week, this woman hadn't seen anything I'd done. So at least now, she knows my idea. And I've got someone she's becoming friends with, the first producer, who's pitching my idea. Who's also interested in my idea and on my side. So that's good! It's all new doors that are opening. And as long as this writing thing has taken me to get somewhere, this is all good.

And the holidays are not so far away. My son is already counting down the days and we're at less than two weeks. So, that's doable. And with all the freelance work I have coming up and holiday shopping, I'm sure it will be here before I know it. My New Year's resolution: sell a script. Now THAT would be a happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment